v6.21 (6.21.1921.1) released 3th August-10
- Fixed: Export iWidget with transparent alpha channel data Changed: Frog CTM
v6.2 (6.2.1615.1) released 28th April-10
- Added: 3D-Stereo Video output.
- Fixed: Transparent background output issue with web avatar.
- Fixed: Bug that caused CrazyTalk to crash when outputed in the smallest cropped area.
- Enhanced: Improved Text-To-Speech engine quality for voices in 16kHz.
v6.13 (6.13.1208.1) released 10th December-09
- Fixed: The real-time speed when operating software in stage mode.
- Fixed: Upload option for YouTube publishing.
- Fixed: SFX export sizes differing between CrazyTalk editing on stage and final export.
- Fixed: Idle motion speeds on stage and final export; they are now identical speeds.
v6.12 released 14th September-09
- Fixed: When users set a key between two keys, the original animation would sometimes lose its blend effect.
- Fixed: The published web avatar wouldn’t display normally in Firefox.
- Fixed: The fade-in and fade-out function wouldn’t operate normally.
- Fixed: If a user inputted text into a tag column, it might have failed to directly upload to YouTube
(the tag column is also removed now).
v6.1 released 11th August-09
- Added: Crop function for export.
- Added: Specify the range of the video with mark points in play bar to be exported.
- Added: Be able to set the color of the background border.
- Added: Be able to customize the idle motion of your avatar.
- Added: Use hot keys to turn on/off the idle mode.
- Enhanced: Web Avatar output with transparent background.
- Enhanced: Be able to edit the clip name freely. (see how it works in Online Help)
v6.0 released 11th June-09
- Added: Multi-head setup with fitting tools to identify up to 4 heads in any image.
- Added: Dynamic dialogue with multi-character editing tracks in Stage Feature.
- Added: Camera system with zooming in/out for flexibly arranging the scene.
- Added: 3D Face Orientation setting enables precise fitting for slight head turns.
- Added: Add Character Frame to animate (move, rotate, scale) the full character in Timeline Editor.
- Added: 4 layers of VividEye effects: adjustment of eyeballs, optics, eye shadow and eyelashes.
- Added: Match your character style with VividEye Templates – anime, animal, cartoon, comic, human.
- Added: EyeMagic adds various cosmetic effects with adjustable colors and lash sizes, style controls.
- Added: Interactive Flash Web Avatar – able to follow the mouse cursor, with custom model and script for output.
- Added: Export for web (Interactive Flash Avatar/Widget) – export transparent-background Avatar Widgets for WidgetMe and WidgetCast.
- Enhanced: The additional layer of hair mesh provides the accurate fitting, enabling the natural movement of characters with large hair, a hat and ears.
- Enhanced: Auto human face fitting engine simplifies the face fitting procedures.
- Enhanced: More selections of Idle animations in different moods.
- Enhanced: Open GL hardware acceleration for performance.
- Enhanced: Direct output to YouTube.
- Removed: Mobile format output.
v5.1 released 20th May-08
- Fixed: Cannot launch CrazyTalk in some conditions.
- Fixed: Program crashes when the Model button is clicked in some conditions.
- Removed: TWAIN device input function.
- Added: Live Update function.
v5.0 released 23th Jan-08
- Enhanced: No photo distortion on face rotation; increase face rotation angle
- Enhanced: Enhanced facial mesh for a variety of face types to better fit different character facial contour
- Enhanced: Timeline usability enhancement
- Added: 8 new facial profiles for non-human characters, including animals, cartoon, and machine
- Added: Jaw bone is added for dramatic mouth movement
- Added: Record facial puppeteering and save it in layers as motion clips for every feature of the live puppet session
- Added: Apply motion clips from the library - simply drag and drop to edit your timeline
- Added: Navigate your mouse or extend animation device to control character's facial animation real-time
- Added: Select character expressions or facial features and affect their behavior in real-time as you playback the recorded audio
- Added: 5 types of default puppet profile and 6 full face control for detailed moods
- Added: PRO users can select in advance or deselect the puppet facial muscles in the solo mode
- Added: Text Bubble SFX lets your character talk for you
- Added: Swap background and foreground for your scene with SFX-Swap
- Added: Custom eyes for the characters, e.g. heart or diamond shape eyes to better fit character's characteristics
- Added: Custom teeth for the characters, e.g. tush or snag to make character's personality more obvious
- Added: Large size HD output
- Added: web support format: Flash
- Added: Custom YouTube size for instant sharing
- Added: 3 default standby motions; Users can create their own standby motions for future use
- Added: Standby motion can be exported to Flash to make the export file with animation before clicking play
v4.6 released 31th May-07
- Fixed: Media Page not work on Vista OS
- Fixed: Cannot play Greeting Card and Messenger data on Vista OS
- Fixed: 4GB limitation in Media output<
v4.5 released 26th June-06
- Added: Head motion preview enabled during facial fitting
- Added: Eye motion preview enabled during facial fitting
- Added: Teeth are now able to be rotated
- Added: SFX may be modified and customized with user imported graphics
- Added: GIF export capability
- Added: Messenger supports insertion of hyperlinked URL
- Added: Messenger may now include CrazyTalk player when exported
- Added: File manager area now able to be enlarged
- Added: Preference settings
- Added: 14 eyes in Advanced Facial Settings
- Enhanced: Eye texture and blinking quality
v4.1 released 11th January-06
- Added: Support Firefox Browser
- Added: Support better audio quality with smaller file size (works on the "highest" sound quality output option when exporting to Messenger, Greeting or Web)
- Added: Increased accuracy of audio lip-sync result
- Fixed: Talking head freezes while playing in some circumstances
- Fixed: Special effect and Alpha channel problem during exporting TGA images
- Fixed: Mesh offsets when frequently editing timeline
- Fixed: Cannot open CrazyTalk while audio recording or playing under certain sound cards
v4.01 released 29th November-05
- Fixed: TTS does not work properly after clicking "add"
- Fixed: Improvement on Windows ME Reliability
- Fixed: Program crash if using too many eye movements for website application
- Fixed: Web Component - "Lips Force to Close" function does not work
- Fixed: Improvement on Web Component Reliability
v3.5 released 1st December-03
- Added: Auto / Semi-auto fitting process
- Added: RealEye™, option to use the photos real eye rather than virtual eye
- Added: AudioMorph™, alter & adjust the sound of your voice
- Added: Supports larger 512 x 512 pixel output
v3.1 released 7th April-03
- Added: Compressed .CAB export format for Cards & messenger
- Added: Export media option in file manager
- Added: Image size, rotate & move to messenger editor
- Added: TPS preview in web editor
- Added: Semi-auto upgrade mechanism
- Revised: Quicklaunch toolbar items
Web Edition only
- Added: Autoplay combo box in web editor
- Added: WMEDist.exe installer
- Fixed: No expressions in .AVI export
v3.0 released 23rd Dec-02
- Added: New friendly graphical user interface
- Added: CrazyCard electronic greeting card file format
- Added: Graphical frames for .exe player
- Added: CrazyTalk file manager
- Added: Talking Image & Talking Message preview window
- Added: Mute function to stop lipsync during playback
- Added: More Talking Image and Talking Message content
- Removed: Netscape support
- Fixed: Irratic expression strengths in .AVI export
v2.51 released 17th Mar-02
- Added: Import Image (.jpg format) from External device
- Added: Import Audio (.mov format) from External device
- Added: Export animation (.mov format) to External device
- Added: Drag edge function to crop tool
- Fixed: Exe sync output error caused by long text messages
Web Edition Only
- Added: New Web Editor application, providing Real-time Web Component preview
- Added: Button to launch Web Editor from Expression Editor
- Added: Support for Netscape v6
- Added: Option to change Web Component loading image
- Added: RealMedia streaming file format Export
v2.5 released 4th Dec-01
- Added: CELP (MPEG-4) audio compression reducing file size over 400%
- Added: Group selection allowing the simultaneous movement of multiple wireframe points
- Added: Mouth Close function to snap top and bottom lips together
- Added: Smoothed curve of eye and mouth features by subdividing in real-time
- Added: Texture and color options for mouth providing a more natural effect
- Added: New feature rotate and size options
- Added: Hotkey to rotate or size facial features around wireframe or feature centerpoint
- Added: Lifemode option in expression editor
- Enhanced: Performance increased 30% when fitting whilst zoomed
- Enhanced: High quality voice mode increased from 11Khz to 22Khz
- Enhanced: CrazyTalk model (.tps) visual quality
- Enhanced: Fitting Editor import speed
- Fixed: Moving wireframe point with arrow keys initially steps incorrectly
- Fixed: Fitting Zoom in/out focuses on wrong section of the face
- Fixed: Video (.avi) export, voice and image sync problem
- Fixed: Saving TPS causing audio recompress problem
- Fixed: Kodak Picture CD thumbnail selection and import image error
v2.0 released 3rd Sept-01
- Updated: Serial number mechanism, serial numbers prior to v2.0 need to be upgraded
- Added: NaturalVoice technology, allowing you to record or import wave files
- Added: "wave" & "text" modes switchable
- Added: Timeline editing for both TTS & Natural Voice modes
- Added: One click access to "Kodak PhotoNet"
- Added: Kodak Picture CD/Disk import compatible
- Updated: Integrated into a single application
- Fixed: CrazyPal preview window image ratio incorrect when re-sizing
- Fixed: When exporting to root "convert wave file to ADPCM format fail!" error message appears
v1.2 released 23rd May-01
- Added: Import from TWAIN device option
- Added: Crop image tool
- Fixed: Eye color displayed incorrectly in Expression Editor
- Fixed: Export .wav file did not create file
v1.1 released 1st May-01
- Added: Zoom function in fitting editor
- Added: Export to MHtml email format
- Added: Export to e-mail with Html attachment
- Added: Simplified wireframe mode
- Added: Expression transition smoothing
- Added: Natural morphing in idle mode
- Added: Ability to morph faces at any angle
- Added: More wireframe color choices
- Added: More hotkeys
- Added: New .ctm file format
- Fixed: Black image error around chin caused by mouth positioning
v1.01 released 16th Jan-01
- Added: ADPCM Audio quality selection
- Added: TTS only output option
- Added: New export options (avi, bmp, wav)
- Added: Image size/quality selection
- Added: Cancel button during export media
- Added: More hotkeys
- Removed: Stand alone player
- Tidy navigation and user interface
v1.00 released 6th Dec-00